Friday, August 7, 2009

IDOL AUDITIONS UNDERWAY WITH RANDY, KARA AND VICTORIA BECKHAM


American Idol auditions are underway with Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) sitting in Paula's stead.

The judging panel was interviewed by host Ryan Seacrest on his radio broadcast -- and while all admitted that it was difficult, they say they plan to "make it work" and are excited looking ahead to the coming season.

Randy Jackson explained, "But look, I mean, you know, hey, we gotta try and make it work, man."

Last season's newcomer judge Kara DioGuardi said that she hopes that Paula will reconsider. (But Fox executives have strongly indicated that contract negotiations are concluded and that they will search for Paula's replacement with the expectation of having someone in place by the time Idol is back on the air in January.)

And Beckham, taking Paula's place, said that she is "going to try hard to pout and not shatter the illusion that I'm a moody cow. I don't know if I can, I'm just so happy." And she added, "I want to be nice to people. I know what it feels like to stand there and be judged and how it can feel when nerves really get the better of you."

As for working with judge Simon Cowell, she ccommented, "I'm looking forward to a bit of banter. I hope he does givve me a hard time. I love that, I feed off of that. I think he's great."

No comments:

Post a Comment